Thursday, June 11, 2009

I've come to expect it from you

George Strait is AMAZING!
Heard this song today, its an old one. And it seems to fit.

"I've Come to Expect It From You" - George Strait
So upset
A nervous wreck
Cant believe you said goodbye

Sit and smoke
Cry and Joke
About these tears in my eyes

How could you do what you gone and done to me?
I wouldnt treat a dog the way you treated me.
But thats what I get
I've come to expect it from you.

Million times
A million lines
And I bought em every one

You dont care
You rip and tear
Every dream I counted on

I guess that I should thank my unlucky stars
That I'm alive
And you're the way you are
But that's what I get
I've come to expect it from you

How could you do what you gone and done to me?
I wouldnt treat a dog the way you treated me.
But thats what I get
I've come to expect it from you.

I could raise hell
But what the hell
It wouldnt do a bit of good

Pack and leave
My heart agrees
It seems to think that I should

There wont be no more next time doin me wrong
You'll come back this time
And find out that I'm gone
But that's what you get
You should expect it from me

That's what I get
I've come to expect it from you

No comments: