Faith Hill is an artists that I have loved since before she was well known like she is today. A lot of her music has made an impact on me.
This song is her first real hit, "Take me as I am." It is one of those songs that basically says that she's woman who knows who she is and isnt going to change herself for anyone. And all she needs from a man is someone who accepts her as she is. This song has a strong meaning for me. I want the same thing.
"Baby, don't turn out the light, I wanna see you look at me. Whisper only truth tonight. Not just promises and empty fantasies. I don't need a bed of roses, Cause roses wither away. All I really need is honesty, from someone with a strong heart, a gentle hand. Who'll take me as I am. Baby, I need for you to know just exactly how I feel. Fiery passions come and go. I'd trade a million pretty words, for one touch that is real!"
This next one is called "Me." Its got pretty much the same meaning as "Take me as I am." This is me and thats all there is.
"I can't believe I tried to be somebody I'm not, for someone else. Me. That's all I have to give. What you get is what you see, yeah. No second guessing, no pretending."
No comments:
Post a Comment